The Flagstaff Metropolitan Planning Organization (FMPO) Executive Board consists of six elected or appointed officials.
- Three from the Flagstaff City Council
- Two from Coconino County Board of Supervisors
- One member from the ADOT State Transportation Board (who is appointed to the State Transportation Board by the Governor of the State of Arizona)
- One ex-officio non-voting representative each from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Northern Arizona University (NAU)
It is the function of the Executive Board to act as a policy body coordinating and directing transportation planning, implementation thereof (as authorized by the Executive Board), and related activities within the overall regional comprehensive planning process.
The FMPO Executive Board is responsible for all actions, agreements, and functions to be carried out by the Flagstaff Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- Continuous constructive feedback about the priorities and adequacy of reports and studies to address agency priorities
- Leadership in identifying the FMPO as the forum for reaching consensus
- Guidance to the FMPO Management Committee and Manager on operational needs
- Jeff Meilbeck, CEO and General Manager, NAIPTA (chair)
- Jesse Thompson, Arizona State Transportation Board Member (vice-chair)
- Art Babbott, Supervisor District 1 Coconino County
- Celia Barotz, Council Member, City of Flagstaff
- Coral Evans, Mayor, City of Flagstaff
- Jim McCarthy, Council Member, City of Flagstaff
- Audra Merrick, Arizona State Transportation Board (designee)
- Matt Ryan, Supervisor District 3, Coconino County
- Meets fourth Thursday of each month | 10:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Meeting location: Flagstaff City Hall (streamed)
- Open meeting / public encouraged to attend
Agendas and minutes
- Available by request - contact the FMPO office