How to Read Bid Postings
Bid and Contract Opportunity Listings present basic information in a consistent format. The same basic information is provided for all listings with supplemental information provided for construction projects. The information will always appear in the same order.
For your convenience, definitions of the Bid and Contract Opportunity Listing data fields appear below.
- Addendum Date: The date an addendum is published appears here.
- Bid Description: A summary of the bid or contract opportunity, which provides basic information
- Bid Download Available: If "yes", this bid is available for downloading in PDF format using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Bid Number: A unique identifying number, which should be referred to when requesting additional information from the contact person
- Bid Opening Time: The time of day when sealed bids are opened or when bids must be received. No bids are accepted after that time.
- Bid Submittal Due Date: The final date for submitting a bid / proposal.
- Bid Title: A very brief description of the bid and contract opportunity
- Business Hours: The business hours (Mountain Standard Time) of the office listed above.
- Category: To help identify potential bid and contract opportunities in your field, listings are divided into four major categories: Construction, Consultants, Service Providers, and Commodities
- Contact Person: The name and phone number of the person responsible for providing detailed information on a particular Bid and Contract opportunity. If the contact person has an email address, it is also provided.
- Fax number: The fax number of the office listed above.
- Fee: If there is a fee to purchase the plans and specifications, it will appear here.
- Plan & Spec Available: The address where you may obtain bid documents (plans and specs). It is also possible to mail a check for the fee amount and have the plans and specs delivered by Federal Express if you provide your account number and a street address for delivery, not a postal box.
- Plan Holders List: If a Plan Holders list is available, information on how to attain a copy will be posted here.
- Pre-bid Meeting: If this space is blank, then no meeting is scheduled. If a "Y" appears here, call the contact person for details.
- Publication Date: The day a bid or contract opportunity listing first appears on the page.
- Subcategory: The categories are further divided into subcategories by common industry groups or sectors.