Bicycling in Flagstaff
- About 8% of all trips in Flagstaff are made by bicycle.
- Flagstaff averages 1.9 bicycles per household.
- 29% of residents ride a bicycle for at least once per week for recreation or commuting.
- There are 130 miles of dedicated bike lanes or rideable shoulders in Flagstaff; bike lanes are present on 70% of major streets.
- Flagstaff has 56 miles of multi-use paths in the Flagstaff Urban Trails System (FUTS).
- Flagstaff was designated a Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists in 2006, and promoted to Silver level in 2010.
If you would like to receive email notification of information of interest regarding bicycle issues, including monthly meeting notices for the City's Bicycle Advisory Committee, go to the Notify Me page and subscribe to the Bicycle Advisory Committee list.
Active Transportation / FUTS Master Plan
The City of Flagstaff is working on active transportation (pedestrian-bicycle) and FUTS master plans to serve as a detailed guide to enhance walking, biking, and trails in Flagstaff. Go to the Active Transportation/FUTS Master Plans page for information.
Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC)
Flagstaff's Bicycle Advisory Committee is a group of citizens who are appointed by and report to the City's Traffic Commission on issues related to planning for and accommodation of bicycles. The BAC meets on the first Thursday of each month from 4:30 to 6 pm at City Hall. The public is invited and encouraged to attend!
Flagstaff Urban Trails & Bikeways Map
The updated Flagstaff Urban Trails and Bikeways map was reprinted in April of 2015 and is available at various City offices and facilities, as well as select stores and shops around town
Bicycle Safety Tips
Learn to ride safely and with confidence in any situation with these Bicycle Safety Tips.
Bicycle Commuting Tips
How to ride your bike to work in 10 easy steps.
Bicycle parking is required for most new development in the City of Flagstaff. Download the City's Guidelines for Bicycle Parking (PDF) for assistance and more information.