Responsibilities & Services
Section is responsible for the maintenance and repair of over 650 vehicles and equipment, completing over 4,500 repairs in fiscal 2020. This includes equipment used by Police, Fire, Water Services, Airport, Landfill, Solid Waste Collections, Parks, Streets and Library to mention a few.
Fleet Services also oversees the City’s electric vehicle charging stations, like the one located at City Hall and pictured below. This is available to the public through the “Charge Point” phone app.
Our staff of fourteen (14) hold over eighty-nine (89) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) technical certifications.
Fleet Services manages the City’s fueling station, located at the Public Works Core Services Facility, which our County partners have access too.
The Fleet Section chairs the City’s Fleet Management Committee which provides oversight of vehicle and equipment utilization, replacement and additions. This process assists the City’s Budget Committee in its decision process on capital expenditures.
- Link to Charge Point information
- Get more information on City vehicles and equipment
- Fleet Services Fun Facts
- Read about 19 fuel saving tips to be fuel smart
- Check out some safety Signaling Tips
- View Spring/Pothole season driving tips
- Read up on some Tire Safety tips
- View Fleet Services staff, titles, and certifications at the