Public Works Safety Committee (PWSC)
- Safety is a way of life.
- Safety is up to you.
- Safety is a matter of continuing concern, equal in importance to all other operational considerations.
About the Committee
The Public Works Safety Committee (PWSC) has been established within the Public Works Division. This committee meets regularly to review working conditions, safe practices, policies, procedures and accidents. They also meet to discuss potential hazards and to recommend corrective actions. This committee has commensurate authority delegated to them by the Public Works Director to develop and recommend applicable procedure and policies.
The City of Flagstaff's Public Works Division in conjunction with the PWSC is committed in providing you with safe working conditions and instructing all employees in safe practices.
To work together as a team for the express purpose of identifying hazards in the workplace before accidents occur for both industrial and vehicle accidents. Once hazards are identified, we then minimize our employees' risk by changing exposure to the hazards through education (increasing awareness), administering (creating policies), or by engineering (re-configuring) the hazards out of the workplace.
- Nate Naliborski, Fleet Representative
Email Nate Naliborski
- Bernie Partyka, Streets Representative
Email Bernie Partyka
- David Crockett, Streets Representative
Email David Crockett
- Brian Bluelake, Landfill/HPC Representative
Email Brian Bluelake
- Robert Thompson, Landfill/HPC Representative
Email Robert Thompson
The PWSC has created a program for you to participate in, which will improve City operations. If you have a safety concern, please contact a PWSC member (listed above) or your supervisor.
Safety Handbooks / Manuals / Programs & Forms
- Public Works Division Safety Manual (PDF)
- Circle of Safety Program (PDF)
- Employee Safety Handbook (PDF)
- Management Safety Handbook (PDF)
- Unsafe / Safe Reporting Form (PDF)
- Instructions for Unsafe / Safe Reporting Form (PDF)
Committee Meeting Minutes
PW Safety Committee meeting minutes are recorded and are posted for your review and convenience. Meeting minutes are housed in the City Share Drive at S:\Public Works\Safety Committee\Minutes. It is also the responsibility of your PWSC Member Section Representative to communicate all pertinent information to their respective section thus aiding in the creation of a safety culture where everyone feels responsible for safety and pursues it on a daily basis.