The following is a list of required trainings for any employee in a supervisory role. If you would like to register for a training but do not have CityNET access, call Human Resources at 213-2090. If you were unable to attend the training in person you can find the material and webcast of the training below.
Avoiding Unlawful Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace
This training is REQUIRED for all employees working in a SUPERVISORY ROLE. If you supervise one or more employees, you must attend or watch the video posted below and submit a written test to Alan Keay in HR. Please see the links below for a copy of the test, PowerPoint presentation and video.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Written Test
- Once you have completed the test, save the document to your computer and e-mail the test or submit a hard copy through inter-office to Alan Keay in Human Resources
- To watch the video of the training please click HERE
Supervisors Drug and Alcohol Training
This is also a REQUIRED training for anyone working in a SUPERVISORY ROLE. Drug & Alcohol Training is required for all employees in a supervisory position. If you supervise and have not yet attended this training, you can watch the video below or check back for information regarding the next in person training opportunity. If you are unsure whether or not you need to attend, please contact Alan Keay. In this training you will learn:
- How to recognize when someone is under the influence
- What to do if you suspect an employee is under the influence
- What kind of testing is required, and when
- Your responsibilities as a supervisor
- Dr. Andy Hogg's PowerPoint presentation
- City of Flagstaff's Drug and Alcohol Policy PowerPoint presentation
- To watch the video of the presentation, click HERE
- Written Test
hardcopy through inter-office to Alan Keay in Human Resources.
Previous Training Sessions Offered
If you would like a refresher on the following trainings, please click the link below to view the PowerPoint, speaker's notes, and handouts from that particular presentation.
- Working with Challenging Customers
- Violence Prevention in the Workplace (employee version)
- Violence Prevention in the Workplace (supervisor version)
- Documenting Employee Performance (supervisor)
Certificates / Memberships / Certifications
Any time you attend a training (whether the City sponsored and/or paid for it or not) be sure you send a copy of your certificate to Human Resources (attn: Alan Keay.) We record it and keep a copy in your personnel file.
The same applies to any professional memberships and/or certifications you have.
The City of Flagstaff is committed to continuous learning. With this concept in mind, the City provides a program to assist employees with the financial aspects of continued education which:
- Encourages education
- Expands job knowledge and upgrades skills
- Helps employees in completing college coursework
- Prepares employees for other lines of work within the City
In addition to in-house training programs, the City offers training in the areas of professional development, safety, computer literacy, supervisory skills, and more.
Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities
All tenured and exempt employees are eligible for reimbursement. Part-time tenured employees working 20 hours per week or more will be eligible for reimbursement on a pre-rated basis. Reimbursement may be made for coursework taken through an accredited college or university after the employee has worked for the City for a period of one continuous year, provided the course is either related to the employee's current position (or any position in the City to which the employee could reasonably aspire) or a class necessary to obtain a degree related to the employee's current position (or any position with the department.)
Reimbursement is made at 100% (subject to the availability of funds) of eligible tuition fees up to 12 credit hours per calendar year provided the employee receives a grade of "B" or better in the class. Maximum reimbursements will be equivalent to current Northern Arizona University tuition rates. Employees also receive a stipend of $75 per class for each course they receive tuition reimbursement, to cover incidentals not covered by tuition. Lab fees will be reimbursed separately.
For more information about tuition reimbursement, see the Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement policy.
For more information
Please visit the training information under the benefits page for more information about the City's policy on training opportunities and tuition reimbursement.