About the Trail
High Country Trail is parallel to the street that is also called High Country Trail, through the Ponderosa Trails neighborhood.
- Wild West Trail to end of High Country Trail
- 1.5 miles | 2.3 kilometers
- Asphalt: 100% of the trail (1.5 miles | 2.3 kilometers)
- Easy grades: 71% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: 26% of the trail has grades between 5 and 10% (2,000 feet | 610 meters)
- Steep grades: 3% of the trail has grades between 10 and 15% (200 feet | 61 meters)
- Very steep grades: None of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 15%
- Low point: 6,921 feet | 2110 meters
- High point: 6,996 feet | 2133 meters
- Elevation range: 75 feet | 23 meters
Plans call for this trail to be extended in both directions; at the north end the trail will be extended for several hundred feet to connect to Lake Mary Road and the Ponderosa Trail, and the south end of the trail will be continued when the adjacent street, High Country Trail, is extended.
View photos of High Country Trail in the High Country Trail photo gallery.