About the Trail
The Railroad Springs Trail follows the west side of Railroad Springs Boulevard, between Route 66 and the BNSF railroad tracks, through the Railroad Springs neighborhood.
- Route 66 to Santa Fe West Trail/Tunnel Springs Trail
- Concrete: 100% of the trail (0.5 mile | 0.8 kilometer)
- Easy grades: 67% of the trail has grades of less than 5%
- Moderate grades: 31% of the trail has grades between 5 and 10% (800 feet | 244 meters)
- Steep grades: 2% of the trail has grades between 10 and 15% (50 feet | 15 meters)
- Very steep grades: None of the trail has grades of more than 15%
- Maximum grade: 15%
- Low point: 6,961 feet | 2122 meters
- High point: 7,034 feet | 2144 meters
- Elevation range: 73 feet | 22 meters
- Cumulative elevation gain/loss: 78 feet | 24 meters
View photos of the Railroad Springs Trail in the Railroad Springs Trail photo gallery.