The City of Flagstaff & Flagstaff Metropolitan Planning Organization
The Flagstaff Metropolitan Planning Organization (FMPO) is responsible for:
- Comprehensive transportation planning in the region extending from Bellemont to Winona and Sunset Crater to Kachina Village
- Assisting its member organizations, the City of Flagstaff, Coconino County, and the Arizona Department of Transportation, in programming transportation projects within the region
Traffic counts are collected, in or near the City of Flagstaff, by the City, FMPO, Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), and private consultants. The data for the past few years is available to the public. A brief description of each field in the table is given below:
- AVG-VOL - Average daily total (24 hour) for direction of travel indicated
- Count Dur - Duration of count in hours
- Direction - The direction vehicles were traveling
- Location - The closest street or reference point to the count location, with respect to the Route street
- Route - The roadway on which the data was collected
Traffic Counts Spreadsheet
The most recent counts that the City possesses are from Fall of 2019 (XLSX).
The Arizona Department of Transporation (ADOT) has created an interactive map that displays current, and in some cases historical, traffic volumes. Visit the ADOT website. Be sure to check the box in order to view the counts, as shown below:
For questions regarding traffic counts please contact Stephanie Santana via email or at 928-213-2692.