Public Facilities, Services, Buildings & Safety Working Group
Public Facilities, Services & Safety Element
- Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) Members: Jean Griego, Nat White
- Lead Planning Staff:
- Darrel Barker
- Bob Caravona
- Sue Pratt
- Erik Solberg
- County Fire
- County Health Department
- Fire Department
- Police Department
- Sheriff's Office
- Community Experts:
- Meeting dates and notes:
- January 19, 2012 - Notes
- Februrary 2, 2012 - Notes
- February 15, 2012 - Notes
February 29, 2012 - Notes March 7, 2012 - Notes
- March 29, 2012 - Notes (PDF)
- April 12, 2012 - Notes (PDF)
- April 26, 2012 - Meeting Canceled
- May 10 2012 - Notes (PDF)
- May 17, 2012 - Notes (PDF)
- May 24, 2012 - Notes (PDF)
- January 19, 2012 - Notes
Please view additional information related to the Public Services, Facilities and Safety Element. Please note that some of these files are large, and may therefore take a few moments to download.
- Meeting Agenda for May 24, 2012; (PDF)Goals and Policies for Review May 24, 2012 ("Work Group Combined Notes") (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda for May 17, 2012 (PDF): Goals and Policies for Review May 12, 2012 (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda for May 10, 2012 (PDF):
- Goals and Policies for Review May 10, 2012 (PDF)
- Glossary of Terms (PDF)
- Meeting Canceled April 26, 2012: Assignment in Lieu of Meeting - Goals and Policies Review April 26, 2012 (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda for April 12, 2012: Public Services and Facilities, Building and Safety Element, Packet 2 (Draft with Supporting Documents" (PDF) Draft April 12, 2012
- "Meeting Agenda for March 29, 2012; Public Services and Facilities, Building and Safety Element, Packet 2 (Draft) with Supporting Documents" (PDF) Draft March 29, 2012
- "Public Services and Facilities, Buildings and Safety Element, Packet 1 -Background Information (PDF)" Draft February 2, 2012
- "Public Services and Facilities, Buildings and Safety Element, Packet 1 - Background Information" (PDF) Draft February 1, 2012
- "Public Services and Facilities, Builidng and Safety Element, Packet 1 - Background Information (PDF)" Draft January 19, 2012
Existing Regional Plan Chapters:
- Chapter 8, "Community Facilities and Services Element" and Chapter 9, "Public Safety Element" (PDF) of the current Regional Land Use and Transportation Plan, 2001.
City Preparedness Reports:
- "Coconino County, Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan, 2009: Jurisdictional Summary for Unicorporated Coconino County" (PDF)
- "Coconino County Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan, 2009 (PDF)"
Flagstaff Fire Department Publications:
- "Airport Zone Snapshot" (PDF) - Summary of collaborative approach to planning and implementing the City's Airport project
- "Auto Tour Handout" (PDF) - This self guided auto-tour explores forest treatments on the west side of Flagstaff. The treatments are part of a collaborative effort among many agencies, organizations, and other interested parties to restore our forests to a healthy and sustainable condition, and reduce the threat of destructive wildfire.
- "City Well Field Project Briefing" (PDF) Summary of the objectives, and procedures use in treatment of the City Well Field project
- "Code Adoption - Avoid the Agony" (PDF) - Outlines the City's approach to adoption of the Wildland Urban Interface code
- "Code Enforcement Partnership Brochure with Tips" (PDF) - Information on various code enforcement departments in the City
- "Fighting Fire with Fire" (DOC) - Since 1996, the Flagstaff Fire Department has been successfully engaged in this activity in an urban setting.
- "Flagstaff Fire Department (FFD) Prescribed Fire Emissions" (DOC) - Summarizes differences in smoke emissions between prescribed fire and wildfire
- "Flagstaff Interface Treatment Prescription" (DOC) - Details the approach utilized by Flagstaff-area fire managers to reduce the threat of wildfire
- "Flagstaff Pulliam Airport Fuels Reduction Project" (PDF) - Report detailing the purpose, process, and outcomes of this collaborative treatment project.
- "Forest Stewardship Plan" (PDF) - City-wide plan discussing current conditions, desired future conditions and forest treatment activities to reduce wildfire risk and promote forest health.
- "Hazard Fuels Mitigation Guidelines" (DOC) - Explains FFD's Hazardous Fuels Mitigation Procedure
- "It Works" (PDF) - Documents the 2006 Woody Fire and the 2010 Hardy Fire and the effects forest treatments had in reducing damage and permitting effective fire suppression operations to occur.
- "Living with Wildfire in Arizona" (PDF) - This document provides ecological, wildfire behavior and wildfire prevention/preparedness information for each of Arizona's six major fuel types. It is to be used as a reference for natural resource and fire managers, fire departments and the public.
- "Rx Fire and Smoke" (PDF) - Find out what fire managers do to reduce smoke and how to reduce your own smoke exposure.
- "Schultz Fire Assessment" (PDF) - Review of Schultz Fire (June 2010) and impact to the City's water pipeline.
- "Surviving a Wildfire in Arizona" (PDF) - Learn to Understand, prepare for and prevent wildfires
- "Tornado Damage Assessment" (PDF) - Review of October 6, 2010 tornado storm in the Flagstaff area
- "Wildland Fire Management Program" (DOC) - Protecting Community Values-At-Risk
- "the Wildland Urban Interface: What's Really at Risk?" (DOC) - A new definition of interface is required, along with a commitment to protect community values-at-risk.
Flagstaff Fire Department Programs
- "Bark Beetles" (PDF) - 2002 infestation and treatment options
- "Briefing- Primary (PDF)" - Overview of the Department's Wildland Fire Management program
- "Council - County Overview - 4FRI (PDF)" - Overview of Four Forests Restoration Initiative
- "FireWise Construction" (PDF) - Techniques to build a FireWise home
- "FireWise Preparedness" (PDF) - Steps to take to reduce fire risk in and around your home
- "WUI - Orientation (PDF)" - Overview of the City's Wildland Urban Interface Code
Comparable Planning Elements