Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access my online pay statement?

Employee Self Service (ESS)

Employees will now be able to view detailed pay stubs including employer benefits, update address information, emergency contact and much more.

Employee Self Service link: Employee Self Service
ESS Instructions

What if I lost or never received my W-2?

If you lost or never received your W-2, you may request a copy by sending an email to from your City of Flagstaff email account. Include your name, and current address. If your W-2 was returned to us by the Post Office we will mail it to you at the address in your email.

How do I change my address?

To change your address online, Click on the link Employee Self Service

What personal information can I change online?

You may change the following information through the Employee Self Service website.

  • Your Address
  • Your Emergency Contact
  • Your Telephone Number
  • Your Email Address

Where should employment verifications be directed to? or fax to: (928)-213-2209

How do I fill out a W-4 Federal Tax Withholding form?

The Payroll Department cannot advise you how to complete this form or give tax advice. There is an IRS website to help you with determining the amount of tax withholding you should have. IRS Withholding Calculator