The Office of the Traffic Engineer is responsible for:
- Providing an efficient transportation network
- Providing a proficient right-of-way system
- Satisfying the desires and needs of the general public
To accomplish these responsibilities, this office:
- Uses professional and creative engineering applications
- Provides an abundance of information requested most by the public
- Provides relevant insight into the discipline of traffic engineering
The Office of the Traffic Engineer welcomes your feedback to help determine what the public would like to see published on these pages. Please contact us with your comments and suggestions.
If you have a traffic concern that you would like to bring to our attention please submit a request, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have a parking question or concern please call 928-213-2960 or visit the ParkFlag website, they’d be happy to answer any questions.
The Transportation Commission consists of seven voting members (a representative from the Flagstaff Unified School District, NAIPTA and five citizens) and two non-voting members (City Traffic Engineer and a Police Department representative). The Transportation Commission reviews requests for changes in traffic regulations and formulates and recommends traffic-related policies and ordinances to the Council. For more information, visit the Transportation Commission webpage.
To view the streamed recordings of the Transportation Commission Meetings, please visit and follow the Flagstaff Transportation Commission YouTube Channel.