- Energy Rebates
City of Flagstaff Home Weatherization Rebate Program
The City of Flagstaff provides rebates to residents that invest in the energy-efficiency of their homes.
Rebates are provided to residents who make qualified improvements in their homes, such as:
- Weatherization such as attic insulation, duct sealing or air sealing.
- Equipment upgrades to electric, energy-efficient heaters, water heaters, and stoves.
- Home electrification.
- Electric panel upgrades.
See the details below and apply today!
Apply for a rebate today!
- Residents: Review the Program Information Packet.
- Residents and Contractors: Click here for the Final Application (submit after work is complete and invoices paid)
- Contractors: Click here for the Float pre-Application (to have funds held for 30 days)
Keep in mind: There have been significant changes to the Home Weatherization Rebate Program for FY22-23 (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023). Funding is also limited, on a first-come, first served basis. See the 'program status' tab below for information on program changes and funding status.
Questions: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting on January 1st, 2023, the federal government is providing more significant incentives for similar home upgrades, as part of the Inflation Reduction Act. Qualified home owners can now receive up to $1,200 in tax credits, per year!
See here for more information: https://www.energy.gov/policy/articles/making-our-homes-more-efficient-clean-energy-tax-credits-consumers.
You can also check out a calculator from Rewiring America, which estimates your available tax credits: https://www.rewiringamerica.org/app/ira-calculator
City of Flagstaff Program Details
Things to know:
An APS Home Performance with Energy Star Checkup is required to be rebate eligible for:
- All envelope improvement and insulation measures.
- All Primary Source space heating appliance installations.
- An APS Home Performance with Energy Star Checkup can be completed for as little as $99.
While strongly recommended, an APS Home Performance with Energy Star Checkup is NOT required for:
- Non-Primary Source space heating appliance installations. However, load calculations and completion of the Primary Source Readiness form are required.
- Water heating appliance installations.
- Clothes and cooking appliance installations.
Rebate Program Details
The City of Flagstaff provides rebates for energy efficiency upgrades performed within homes in the City of Flagstaff through the Energy Rebate Program. Appliance and weatherization upgrades provide significant energy conservation benefits to homeowners and help to reduce our community-wide energy demand.
The Energy Rebate Program was started in 2013 to assist Flagstaff residents with costs related to the purchase of energy-efficient space and water heaters, and upgrading insulation and air/duct sealing. The program has provided more than $260,000 to over 660 residents in that time.
|HOW TO APPLY|
Please note that energy applications must be submitted within 30 days after completion.
- STEP ONE: Review all information provided in the Program Information Packet.
- This document includes a step-by-step guide, program rules, and rebate qualifications.
- This will help ensure your planned upgrades qualify for rebates and that you understand all program rules and restrictions.
- STEP TWO: Install the weatherization and energy upgrades!
- STEP THREE: Submit your application.
- Download an application to submit (PDF). Provide all required information and supplemental documents, including invoices and permits as required.
- Email the application or mail it to the Sustainability Office at 419 N Mogollon Street.
- Upon submission and acceptance, you should receive your rebate check within six weeks of application submission.
Program Funding Status
For the FY22-23 (July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023) Program Term the rebate program has so far distributed:
- 20% of funding has been distributed.
The Weatherization Rebate Program has limited annual funding. Reabtes are provided while funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once all funds have been distributed, the rebate program will be dormant until the next fiscal year. For the most recent fiscal year (FY21-22) 100% of the funds were distributed within 6 months.
Rebate applications for this funding cycle (July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023) have been accepted since July 1, 2022 for work completed on or after July 1, 2022.
Recent changes to the Home Weatherization Rebate Program.The Home Weatherization Rebate Program was formerly known as the Energy Rebate Program. This update is reflective of a renewed Federal emphasis on weatherization and energy-saving investments. We are excited that this program will continue to support Flagstaff residents in existing homesto save energy by assisting them in making improvements in their home's building envelope and the installation of energy-efficient appliances.
If you have additional questions or concerns please call 928-213-2150 or email the sustainability section.
View a list of other rebates and incentives available in our region. The Water Services Division also offers rebates on low flow toilets, turf reduction, and rain water harvesting.