The greater Flagstaff community embraces the region's extraordinary cultural and ecological setting on the Colorado Plateau through active stewardship of the natural and built environments. Residents and visitors encourage and advance intellectual, environmental, social, and economic vitality for today's citizens and future generations.
Looking for the Cliff's Notes?
If you have limited time, we recommend looking at Chapter III (PDF), Appendix B (PDF), and the following maps: Significant Natural Resources, Concentration of Natural Resources, Future Growth Illustration (FMPO scale), Future Growth Illustration (city scale), and the Road Network. You can review all of these maps through the City's interactive web map.
Chapters & Maps
You may download the entire Plan (PDF). The individual chapters and maps are available (please note, they are large PDFs and may take a while to download):
- IV Environmental Planning and Conservation (PDF)
- V Open Space (PDF)
- VI Water Resources (PDF)
- VII Energy (PDF)
- VIII Community Character (PDF)
- IX Growth Areas and Land Use (PDF)
- X Transportation (PDF)
- XI Cost of Development (PDF)
- XII Public Buildings, Services, Facilities, and Safety (PDF)
- XIII Neighborhoods, Housing, and Urban Conservation (PDF)
- XIV Economic Development (PDF)
- XV Recreation (PDF)
- XVI Plan Amendments (PDF)
- Glossary (PDF)
- A - References Cited/Related Plan Documents (PDF)
- B - Comprehensive List of Goals and Policies (PDF)
- C - Metadata for Natural Environment Maps (PDF)
- D - Annual Report Template (PDF)
- Map 6: Existing Land Management Areas and Boundaries (PDF)
- Map 7: Significant Natural Resources: Wildlife, Vegetation, Hydrology, and Geology (PDF)
- Map 8: Concentration of Natural Resources (PDF)
- Map 9: Drainage Basins (PDF)
- Map 10: Location of Red Gap Ranch (PDF)
- Map 11: Stormwater Facilities (PDF)
- Map 12: Great Streets and Gateways (PDF)
- Map 13: Cultural Sensitivity (PDF)
- Map 14: Heritage Resources (PDF)
- Map 15: Growth from 2000-2012 (PDF)
- Map 17: Existing Land Ownership (PDF)
- Map 18: Development Potential of Vacant Parcels (PDF)
- Map 19: Public Utilities Over 50 Years Old (PDF)
- Map 20: Transitions (PDF)
- Map 21: Future Growth Illustration - FMPO scale (PDF)
- Map 22: Future Growth Illustration - City scale (PDF)
- Map 24: Activity Centers (PDF)
- Map 25: Road Network Illustration (PDF)
- Map 26a: Existing and Missing Sidewalks on Public Streets (PDF)
- Map 26b: Planned Bikeways by Class (PDF)
- Map 26c: Enhanced and Grade-Separated Crossings (PDF)
- Map 26d: Existing and Planned Flagstaff Urban Trails (PDF)
- Map 26e: Forest Access and Trailheads (PDF)
- Map 27: Planned Transit Service Levels: Markets and Key Corridors (PDF)
- Map 28: Public Facilities: Buildings, Parks and Recreation Facilities, and Schools (PDF)
- Map 29: Public Facilities: Utilities Infrastructure (PDF)
- Map 30: Public Facilities: Fire, Safety, and Emergency Evacuation (PDF)
If you need access to an older version of the Regional Plan, please contact the City's Comprehensive Planning Manager, Sara Dechter at 928-213-2631 or email@example.com.
The strategies were developed by the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) as suggestions for policy implementation, and are a separate document not included in the ratified plan.
When there are frequently asked questions about the Regional Plan that are not clearly stated in the document, the Comprehensive Planning Manager will issue an interpretation. Over time, interpretations are incorporated into the plan through relevant amendments. View the current list of plan interpretations (PDF).
Replacement Page Packets
Many pages of the Regional Plan changed as a result of multiple amendments. Packets of Replacement Pages are published online annually. The online copy of the Regional Plan is always up to date.
Please insert the 2014 to 2016 replacement packet (PDF) into your Plan first, if you have a printed copy from 2014. Then, download the 2016 to 2017 Regional Plan replacement page packet (PDF). Then, download the 2018 Replacement Page Packet (PDF). Then download the 2020 Replacement Page Packet (pdf). Then download the Jan 2022 Replacement Page Packet (pdf). Then download the Nov 2022 Replacement Packet (pdf). Then download the Jan 2023 Replacement Packet (pdf).