Staff is currently working on a High Occupancy Housing Plan. Details on this ordinance, how Flagstaff residents can be involved in the process of drafting new policy statements and standards for high occupancy housing will be posted at http://tinyurl.com/planamendments. New Amendments:
- Draft Zoning Code Text Amendment for the May 22, 2019 Planning Commission Work Session
- Division 10-20.50 (Amendments to the Zoning Code Text and the Zoning Map): adopted on November 5, 2013, Ord. No. 2013-21. These amendments established a new process and procedure for zone changes.
- Section 10-50.100.080.E (Flagstaff Mall and Marketplace District): adopted on November 5, 2013, Ord. No. 2013-22. These amendments allowed for the installation of a new monument sign for the Flagstaff Mall and Marketplace District.
- Division 10-50.100 (Sign Standards): adopted on November 18, 2014, Ord. No. 2014-27. These amendments to the City's sign standards addressed concerns from the City Council and local residents with the complexity of the former sign standards, especially for building mounted signs, and for the proliferation of temporary signs within the City.
- Division 10-20.100 (Assurance of Performance for Construction): adopted on March 4, 2015, Ord. No. 2015-01. These amendments updated the standards and procedures regarding assurances for construction.
- Section 10-40.30.050 (Industrial Uses) and Sections 10-80.20.060 (Definitions, “F.”) and 10-80.20.200 (Definitions, “T.”): adopted on May 5, 2015, Ord. No. 2015-03. These amendments to the industrial zones, Table B, Allowed Uses and in the definitions clarify that freight and trucking facilities are a permitted use in the RD (Research and Development Zone.
- Comprehensive suite of amendments throughout the Zoning Code under Ordinance 2016-07 adopted on February 16, 2016 comprising mostly minor clarifications and corrections, but also some significant amendments to Section 10-40.40.030 to allow single-family dwellings and duplexes by right in the CC Zone, Section 10-40.60.260 (Mixed Use) and 10-40.60.280 (Planned Residential Development), Section 10-50.80.080 (Parking Spaces, Parking Lot Design and Layout) and in Division 10-50.110 to add two new building types; apartment building and stacked triplex.
- Division 10-50.100 (Sign Standards): adopted on June 21, 2016, Ord. No. 2016-22. These amendments reconciled the sign standards with the US Supreme Court’s decision in the Reed v. Town of Gilbert.
- Series of amendments adopted April 4, 2017 as Ord. 2017-10. The amendments included: Section 10-50.80.080.C (ADA Parking), clarifying the depth of an ADA parking space; Sections 10-40.60.030, 10-80.20.010 (ADU's) created a definition for Attached and Detached ADU's, created standards for the attachment, and clarified the required amenities; Sections 10-40.30, and 10-40.40, 10-50.80 and 10-80.20.160 (Places of Worship), created a definition and land use classification for places of worship, and permit the use in all zones; and Section 10-90.40.030 (Rural Floodplain Map), revised the rural floodplain map back to the boundaries of the 1991 map.