Welcome to the Flagstaff Regional Plan 2030 Interactive Map
The Flagstaff Regional Plan 2030 applies to the 525-square-mile MetroPlan planning area. The Plan is used for decision making so that Flagstaff City government is accountable for publicly derived policy outcomes and goals. It also provides the basis for policies and regulations to guide physical and economic development within the Flagstaff region.
There are 30 maps in the Plan that illustrate current conditions at the time of plan adoption, inventory historic, cultural, and social and natural resources, and envision the Flagstaff region's desired future development patterns. This interactive map provides access to the ten maps most important for decision-making and for interpreting the goals and policies of the Plan.
Tips for Using the Interactive Map
The key data from the Plan is overlaid with current City geographic data, such as land ownership. Therefore, the maps in this site may not look exactly like the maps in the hard copy of Plan. With each map, there is a brief description of how to interpret the content, and links that reference relevant chapters of the Plan.
- Search by Address: You can search for individual properties by address using the magnifying glass icon and then click on each tab at the top of the page to see how the area is treated on each map.
- What do the symbols mean? The Legend tab in the upper right hand corner of the page will show you what the symbols in the map are illustrating. If you want more information on what each map feature means click on the chapter hyperlink at the top if the explanation for each map. You can also use the introduction tab to navigate to the entire plan document under "The Plan" in the upper left hand corner of the webpage.
- Don't see all the maps? There are ten map tabs along the top of the page. If you don't see them all, click on the tab that has the bulleted list icon to the right and it will show you more options.
- Use these maps for a development or rezoning application: Use the search by address tool to find your area of interest, then screenshot the maps you need.
- Some of these maps have a lot of data connected to them so please be patient as they may load slowly.
We Would like Your Feedback!
This map was launched in June 2016. It is a work in progress and we welcome your feedback on how we can make it better or more relevant to your needs. Also, an Interactive Map Video Tutorial is under construction.
Please let us know if you have features you would like to see us highlight or explain. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Sara Dechter via email or at 928-213-2631.