Complete Amendments Archive
Active Transportation Minor Plan Amendment
In conjunction with the adoption of the Active Transportation Master Plan, the City of Flagstaff adopted a regional plan amendment to the text and maps of Chapter X: Transportation on October 4, 2022.
Carbon Neutrality Major Plan Amendment
The City of Flagstaff adopted a Major Plan Amendment on climate change and climate action to the Flagstaff 2030 Regional Plan. The amendment revises pages IV-11, IV-12 , and X-19 of the Flagstaff Regional Plan 2030: Place Matters (Regional Plan). View the new pages here. Revisions will align the Regional Plan Climate Change and Adaptation pages with the City’s climate action work and the 2021 Carbon Neutrality Plan.
McMillan Mesa Major Plan Amendment
The McMillan Mesa Major Plan Amendment made the Regional Plan's Future Growth Illustration and related maps consistent with Proposition 413. On November 8, 2016, voters passed Proposition 413 - Initiative for Greater Buffalo Park, which restricted the use of approximately 300 acres of City-owned property on McMillan Mesa to public open space and passive recreation, except for an area reserved for a future veteran's home.
The full details of the amendment can be found in key components of the amendment packet:
- Circulation Map (PDF)
- Map of Existing Future Growth Illustration (PDF)
- Map of Proposed Future Growth illustration (PDF)
- Project Narrative (PDF)
- Traffic Modeling and Assessment (PDF)
60 day Public Review
The draft major plan amendment was made available for a 60-day public review. The review closed on August 10, 2018.
- PowerPoint for Open Space (June 25) and City Council presentation (July 3) (PDF)
- Public Participation Plan (PDF)
City Staff held an open house with informational posters and open discussions on the proposed Amendment on Monday, June 18, 2018 5 pm to 7 pm at the NACET Business Accelerator.
- June 29th City Council Report (PDF)
- Legal Notice (PDF)
- Record of Proceedings from June 18th Open House (PDF)
Posters from Open House
- Growth and Land Use Poster (PDF)
- Parks Open Space Poster (PDF)
- Transportation Poster (PDF)
- Wastewater and Stormwater (PDF)
- Water Demand, Capacity, and Production (PDF)
Commission & City Council Meetings
|Date||Commission||Link to Video|
|Monday, June 25 at 4 pm (City Hall)||Open Space Commission||Watch video|
|Tuesday, July 3 at 6 pm||City Council Update||Watch video|
|Wednesday, August 1 at 4 pm (City Hall)||Transportation Commission||Watch video|
|Wednesday, August 22 at 4 pm (City Hall)||Planning and Zoning Commission Work Session||Watch video|
|Wednesday, September 12 at 5 pm (Coconino HS)||Planning and Zoning Commission Hearing Number 1||Watch video|
|Wednesday, September 26 at 4 pm (City Hall)||Planning and Zoning Commission Hearing Number 2||Watch video|
|Tuesday, October 9 at 6 pm (City Hall)||City Council Work Session||Watch video|
|Tuesday, October 16 at 6 pm (City Hall)||City Council Hearing||Watch video|
Minor Plan Amendment - Chapter 3 Revision
City planning staff identified the need for clarifications and revisions to the Plan's Chapter 3 - How This Plan Works. Specifically, revisions were required for a table used to determine if an application requires a major or minor plan amendment. A lack of clarity at the beginning of the application process can lead to wasted resources and confusion for staff and the applicant, so a clear delineation of this table is critical for City staff, customers and the public.
This proposed minor amendment to the Flagstaff Regional Plan was the second proposed by the Planning staff, since ratification of the Plan in May 2014.
Public Hearing Draft
The public review period ended April 15, 2016, and the Planning and Zoning Commission recommended adoption of these plan amendments to the City Council.
Planning & Zoning Commission Materials
- Chapter 3 Amendment - Clean Version (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Amendment - Track Changes Version (PDF)
- Flow Chart (Proposed and Current) (PDF)
- Public Participation Plan (PDF)
- Record of Proceeding for Open House (PDF)
- Response to Comments Received During 30 Day Public Review (PDF)
- Staff Summary (PDF)
City Council Review & Approval
You can review the presentation at the Citizen's Review Session through the City's streaming service.
The first Public Hearing for the City Council took place on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, and was continued through January 17, 2017. All materials and presentation for this process can be found on the City Council's website.
The City Council approved these amendments in two Resolutions. Resolution 2016-31 and Resolution 2017-04 on December 6, 2016 and January 17, 2017, respectively.
Be Added to Notification Email List
To be added to a Flagstaff Regional Plan notification email list, or for more information on current plan amendments, contact the City's Comprehensive Planning Manager Sara Dechter via email or at 928-213-2631.
Map 25 Major Regional Plan Amendment
The Map 25 Major Regional Plan Amendment was approved by ordinance at the December 1, 2015 City Council Meeting (watch the meeting).
The purpose of the major amendment is to bring Map 25: Road Network Illustration (Map 25) in the Flagstaff Regional Plan 2030 (FRP30) into compliance with Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) 9-461.05 and to resolve inconsistencies between the Land Use and Transportation Chapters and other part of the City Code related to Map 25. These changes were processed as a major plan amendment because they are related to the major amendment category of "Addition of a Corridor or Great Street" on page III-9.
Provided by Amendment
This amendment provides:
- A Road Network Illustration that conforms to the legal requirements of Arizona Revised Statutes;
- Improved consistency on language related to Map 25 within FRP30 and with other City Code and policies;
- Improved ability to provide consistent direction to City projects and development applications;
- Expansion of the Corridor Place Type in two areas within the City;
- Improved ability to communicate with the public about land use and transportation issues pertaining to corridors; and
- Improved ability to determine the fair and roughly proportional share of infrastructure costs.
- Map 25 Major Plan Amendment Application
- Map Amendment Narrative
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Proposed Map 25: Road Network Illustration (includes Planning and Zoning recommendation from October 28, 2015 public hearing)
Public Meetings & Hearings Schedule
Staff hosted an Open House on Monday June 29, 2015 from 3 to 5 pm in the lobby at City Hall. The Open House was an opportunity for the public to review the proposed Map 25 amendment and related text changes, and was also an opportunity to present the corresponding map that will be simultaneously introduced into the Engineering Standards. (Comments from the Open House)
- A Citizen's Review Meeting was held during a working session with the Planning and Zoning Commission on Wednesday, September 9 (watch this meeting)
- The first Planning and Zoning Commission hearing was held at 4 pm on Wednesday, September 23 at the Aquaplex, 1702 N 4th Street (Staff memo (PDF)) (Watch this meeting)
- The second Planning and Zoning Commission hearing was Wednesday, October 14 at 4 pm in the Council chambers. Commissioners closed the public hearing but asked staff for further discussion of the amendment. (Watch this meeting)
- The hearing was closed, but on Wednesday October 28, 2015 the Planning and Zoning Commission held a final discussion and recommended the amendment for approval by Council with the condition that Map 25 identify "Corridors" in the legend. (Watch this meeting)
- The final public hearing and decision by City Council was held on Tuesday December 1, 2015 at 6 pm in the Council chambers. (Watch this meeting)
Amendment Archive for Regional Land Use & Transportation Plan 2001 (RLUTP)
- Exhibit A - Legal Description (PDF)
- Exhibit C - Water/Wastewater/Reclaim Water Analysis (PDF)
- Exhibit D - Traffic Impact Analysis Report (PDF)
- Exhibit E - Drainage Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Exhibit F - School Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Exhibit G - Economic Development Analysis (PDF)
- Exhibit H - Cultural Resource Study (PDF)
- Exhbit J - Coconino County Assessors Map (PDF)
- Little America Major Plan Amendment (PDF)
- Neighborhood Meeting Report (October 9, 2013) (PDF)
- Planning and Zoning Work Session Presentation (PDF) (October 9, 2013)
- Re-submitted Traffic Impact Analysis Report (PDF) (September 20, 2013)
- Traffic Background Exhibits (PDF)