The City of Flagstaff recognizes a "domestic partnership" between any two persons, regardless of gender, if you meet the criteria for domestic partnership. Domestic partners are accorded the same rights and privileges as a spouse or family member for the use of and access to City facilities, including but not limited to recreation facilities.
The domestic partnership Certificate and the Registry can be used to demonstrate a domestic partnership to government agencies, employers, businesses, and other third parties.
As a domestic partner of a patient in a care facility in Flagstaff, the facility must allow you to visit your partner unless no visitors are allowed or your partner patient requests that your visitations be restricted.
To be eligible to apply for a domestic partnership designation:
- Both individuals must reside within the City of Flagstaff
- Both individuals must be 18 years of age or older
- Both individuals must be competent to enter into a contract
- Both individuals must currently share a common primary residence
- Both individuals must be in a committed relationship and share responsibility for each other's common welfare
- The individuals may not be related to one another by blood closer than would bar marriage in the State of Arizona
- Neither individual may be married to any third party
- Neither individual may be part of an existing domestic partnership or civil union with any third party
Declaration of Domestic Partnership
Individuals must file a Declaration of Domestic Partnership (PDF) with the City Clerk's Office that includes a statement that the persons are in a relationship of mutual support, caring, and commitment and are responsible for each other's welfare.
There is a $50 registration fee. Both registrants shall:
- Affirm that the registrant meets the requirements listed above
- Show current photo identification issued by a government agency within the United States that verifies the Domestic Partnership age requirement
- Sign the registration form under the penalty of perjury
- Have the registrants' signatures notarized
- Pay a non-refundable filing fee of $50
Read through additional information on Domestic Partnership (PDF).