Water Talk News
As temperatures in Flagstaff continue to drop, make sure your water pipes are prepared for the winter. By taking just a few simple precautions now, you can prevent the hassle and cost of frozen pipes.
- Have your furnace regularly serviced.
- Install your own water shut-off valve. The valve inside the water meter box is property of the City and only City staff are allowed access.
- Keep the name and emergency telephone number of your plumber handy.
- Turn off outside faucets. Disconnect and store hoses inside.
- Patch cracks and insulate holes near doors, windows, and walls by pipes and meters.
- Insulate water meters, pipes, and faucets in unheated areas – if you need a faucet insulator, Water Services will give you one for free! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep your thermostat set at a minimum of 55 degrees. Keep doors to rooms and cupboard doors open to expose pipes beneath sinks.
- Never completely shut off the heat when you are away during winter months. If you are planning to leave your home for an extended period, drain your pipes, or, at the very least, lower the thermostat, but never shut it off. The lack of heat can freeze pipes, causing flooding and damage when they eventually thaw.
And for a bonus tip, make sure the contact information listed on your water account is current in case we need to contact you during an emergency. Update your account by logging into the portal at https://www.paydici.com/flagstaff-az-utilities.
Find additional preventative measures, ways to fix frozen pipes, and more on our Helpful Winter Tips webpage.
Questions or comments?
Contact us at email@example.com
Water Heroes of Flagstaff - November 30th
'Poo in the Park' Campaign - May 11th
AZ Water Professionals Appreciation Week - April 11th
NAU Music: 'The Secret History of Water' - February 16th
Schools Save Water with Conservation Retrofits - January 31st
Help Protect Our Pipes - Don't Flush Your Wipes! - December 27th
Customers Connected to Utility Assistance During Pandemic - November 22nd
Stay Safe this Monsoon Season - July 20th
Cloudy Tap Water a Cause for Concern? - February 11th
Please Help Prevent Sewer Blockages - January 25th
Get Ready for Winter Weather! - December 9th
Water Conservation in Action- City Hall Lawn Goes Green - September 9th
Water Services Recognized as Leader is Water Reuse Management - September 5th
The Effects of Fire on Water in Flagstaff - August 2nd