Commercial Rebate Program
|Water Conservation Measures (gpm = gallons/min)||Rebate Amount||Potential Water Savings|
|High Efficiency Sink Aerator (Bathroom: 0.5gpm; Kitchen: 2.2gpm)||Free
|High Efficiency Showerhead (1.5gpm)||Free||2,700 gallons/year|
|Pre-Rinse Spray Valve (1.28gpm)||Free||7,000 gallons/year|
|Commercial Toilet (1.28 gal/flush or lower)||$86 or 50% of
the project cost
|Hotel Toilet (1.28 gal/flush or lower)||$158 or 50% of
the project cost
|Commercial Urinal (0.125 gal/flush or lower)||$157 or 50% of
the project cost
|Rebate Amount||Potential Water Savings|
|$0.05/gallon saved or 50% of the project cost||dependent on project|
Rebate values are based on future water capacity costs and estimated water supply from these future water sources. Qualifying devices are selected based on demonstrated perpetual water savings over the lifetime of the device.
How It Works
Choose from a pre-approved list of devices (the menu options) with predictable savings and defined monetary incentives. We'll either give you the rebate value listed above or 50% of the actual product costs, whichever is less.
Looking for something a little different (think car wash upgrades, laundry facility improvements, etc)? We'll work with you on a custom technology that will meet your business needs and demonstrate water savings with a pay-for-performance model.
Questions? Give us a call (928) 213-2116 or email us at SaveWater@flagstaffaz.gov
- Applicant must be the property owner or a representative of the property owner
- Account must be an active with the City of Flagstaff billing system
- Water Conservation Staff must deem the project within the scope of the existing business process - conversion cannot be a change in the business type or product type
- Menu Items Rebates: We offer a menu of qualifying technologies and their incentive values in the table above. All projects with menu items are capped at 50% of real product costs, excluding labor, tax, shipping, or other costs, OR the rebate value in the table above, whichever is less.
- Customized Project Rebates: For items not listed on the pre-approved menu above, Water Conservation Staff will review applications on a case-by-case basis. All projects will be capped at 50% of real product costs, excluding labor, tax, shipping, and other costs, OR a rebate rate of $0.05/gallon of water saved, whichever is less.
- Half the amount of rebate money will be paid after these 4 criteria are met:
- Inspection of the devices to be retrofitted
- Discussion about anticipated water savings with the business
- Receipt of the Application Form and W-9 Form
- Receipt of the invoice or proof of payment
- The remaining half of the payment will be made after a 6-month performance review and demonstrated water savings
- Projects must be sustained for at least 5 years or transfer of property title, whichever comes first. If the equipment requires replacement prior to 5 years, it must be replaced with equipment of equal or greater water efficiency.
Terms of the Commercial Rebate Program
- All converted devices must be WaterSense models
- Applicants must fill out an application prior to project commencement
- Applications will be accepted or rejected in writing and applications may be rejected subject to availability of funds
- The project must be completed within one calendar year
- An applicant may apply multiple years
- Upon project completion, Water Conservation Staff will conduct a final inspection
- The applicant is responsible for complying with all laws, policies, codes, and ordinances that may apply to construction and device replacement
- Rebates may be considered taxable income; therefore every applicant must provide a current W-9 form prior to receiving the rebate.
- We encourage participants to take part in a full-facility Check Up for FREE!
- We encourage participants to be part of the Water Wise Business Program!
- We encourage participants to sign up for the Flagstaff Conserve2Enhance Program to track water savings and potentially donate savings to watershed enhancement projects.