Climate Ambassador Resources
Welcome to the Climate Ambassador support webpage!
See below to download background and outreach resources discussed at the Climate Ambassador Training.
- Climate Ambassador Background Training Presentation (updated June 2019) - download HERE
- Climate Ambassador Outreach Presentation (updated June 2019) - download HERE
- Climate Ambassador Outreach Presentation Dialogue Support Tool (updated June 2019) - download HERE
- Climate Ambassador Community Talking Points (updated September 2019) - download HERE
- Climate Profile for the City of Flagstaff - download HERE
- Vulnerability Assessment - download HERE
- Flagstaff Climate Action & Adaptation Plan - download HERE
- Plan in a page - download HERE
Did you use your Ambassador skills to facilitate a community conversation?
Please fill out THIS SHORT FORM so we can track these conversations and the reach of the Climate Ambassador program!
See below for additional resources to support your climate change conversations.
Climate Change Science/Impacts
- Bloomberg interactive graphs “What’s Warming the World?”
- The Climate Reality Project - Climate 101 (Scroll to the bottom of the webpage for additional resources)
- IPCC Special Report Global Warming of 1.5°C
- Fourth National Climate Assessment and Guide for Teachers
- EPA - Climate Impacts in the Southwest
Climate Change Conversations
- Katharine Hayhoe’s website
- How to Have a Useful Conversation About Climate Change in 11 Steps (medium.com article shared by Jessica Hartsell)
- EcoAmerica and CRED - Connecting on Climate: A Guide to Effective Climate Change Communications (2014)
Global Warming’s Six Americas
- 2016 article – Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
- Full 2009 report (download as pdf)
- Skeptical Science website
Climate Change and Equity
- The Climate Reality Project - Climate Equity
- Nature research article "Global mismatch between greenhouse gas emissions and the burden of climate change"
- New York City Panel on Climate Change 2019 Report: Community-Based Assessments of Adaptation and Equity
- Nature perspective article "Roadmap toward justice in urban climate adaptation research"