Court Conduct / Security
The Mission of the Flagstaff Municipal Court is to provide superior customer service. In return, the Court expects all visitors to respect the Court and its employees. Below, are several things you should know before you visit the Court.
- It is important that visitors understand the appropriate dress code for court. The Court is a place of business and visitors should wear clean, fitted clothes. Shirt and shoes are required. Please take your hat off before entering any courtroom.
- All cell phones should be silenced before entering the courtroom.
- The Court also asks that you be patient, as it can sometimes be very busy. Please have all materials that you brought with you ready for the court clerk.
The Flagstaff Municipal Court has security personnel who are stationed at the main entrance to the Court.
Everyone who visits the court must pass through a metal detector and must place all personal belongings on an X-ray machine to be screened. In addition, your personal belongings may be subject to a search. Please leave ALL weapons at home or safely secured in your vehicle. Weapons are not permitted in the building and must be secured with the Bailiff prior to entering. You may retrieve your items upon departure.
The following is a list of items that are prohibited from the Court facility:
- Weapons. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Guns (with or without a concealed weapons permit)
- Knives (including Swiss Army and Leatherman tools)
- The Court's definition of weapons also includes items that could be used as weapons. These include, but are not limited to:
- Various tools
- Kitchen utensils
- Nail files
Please note: This list is not exhaustive, and security has full discretion when deciding what may or may not be brought in to the courthouse.