Join Our Team
We have two open positions!
The Sustainability Office is working with NAU's Center for Service and Volunteerism to hire two Americorps VISTAs for the 2022 to 2023 term.
The positions hosted by the Sustainability Office are:
- Clean Jobs Workforce Development VISTA
- Equitable Recovery and Resilience VISTA
- DEADLINE: Apply ASAP. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and the positions are open until filled.
- TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted through this page: https://in.nau.edu/center-for-service-and-volunteerism/apply-americorps/
- When filling out the form, indicate the VISTA positions you are interested in, where it asks which AmeriCorps State position(s) you are applying for.
If you need assistance with the application, please email NAU CSV (AmeriCorps@nau.edu) or call (928) 523-6395."
See below for job descriptions for both positions.
Clean Jobs Workforce Development VISTA
The Clean Jobs Workforce Development VISTA will identify career opportunities associated with climate action and the clean energy transition, and create resources clarifying the education/training required. To accomplish this, the VISTA will:
- Identify local resources and financial aid opportunities for pursuing the necessary education/training to become qualified for these types of jobs in our community.
- Work to identify the gaps, barriers and other local conditions that might be limiting the growth of these jobs in our community and explore strategies/funding opportunities to address those limiting factors.
Equitable Recovery and Resilience VISTA
The Equitable Recovery through Neighborhood Resilience VISTA will design and initiate programs that make neighborhoods stronger in face of COVID-19 and its ongoing ramifications. Strong neighborhoods are critical to build a more resilient community and support Flagstaff neighbors in need. The VISTA will help improve neighborhood capacity to help each other in times of immediate emergency and long-term changes. The VISTA will:
- Design and initiate programs that make neighborhoods stronger in face of COVID-19 and its ramifications.
- Provide resilience-building tools and resources for neighborhoods.
- Help neighborhood leaders and residents identify assets, challenges, and opportunities for how to help each other in times of need and develop action plans to reduce poverty among the families in their neighborhoods.
- Identify opportunities for the City to better address poverty among its residents.
- Identify funding opportunities and assist in applying for funding.
- Compile and distribute information on gaps in support services for residents in poverty due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Youth Climate Leadership VISTA
This position has been filled.