Emergency or crisis housing is provided through our community partnerships with Flagstaff Shelter Services and the Coconino County Front Door Program. See the Emergency Housing page for immediate rental and utility assistance resources. If you are experiencing homelessness, call (928) 225-2533 ext. 307 (Flagstaff Shelter Services) or (928) 774-9125 ext. 53007 (Catholic Charities) for Front Door Program intake.
Affordable rental units are available through City agencies and private landlord partners. This includes:
- Low-Income Public Housing - Apply Here
- Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers - Waiting list closed to new applications
- Clark Homes - Email email@example.com with your mailing address for an application
- List of commercial affordable housing
Are you a developer? View information for Low Income Housing Tax Credit developers here.
Home buying assistance and education are provided in partnership with Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona. If you are interested in applying for homebuying assistance, that application is available online here (PDF) or can be picked up at 3481 North Fanning Drive during typical business hours. Applications should be returned to Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona at 2304 N 3rd Street, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- The Community Homebuyer Assistance Program
- The City of Flagstaff's Employer Assisted Housing
- The Community Land Trust
Fair Housing complaints are important to us. We track these and refer concerned parties to legal support agencies such as The Southwest Fair Housing Council and DNA People's Legal Services. The Housing Section cannot provide legal guidance, but often refers to the Arizona Landlord Tenant Act Handbook (PDF).
Community Development Block Grants
Managing Community Development Block Grants serves our community by funding our partner agencies.
Seeking COVID-19 Information?
- Renter & Landlord Resources are available by clicking here.
- The COVID-19 Social Safety-Net Services Coalition Resource Guide is available here.
- City of Flagstaff COVID-19 information is available at flagstaff.az.gov/4299/COVID-19.
- Coconino County maintains an active page on COVID-19 at coconino.az.gov/2294/COVID-19-Information.
- If you are seeking support for your APS bill, see this press release.
- For vaccine information, go to coconino.az.gov/2547/Vaccine-Info.
City of Flagstaff Housing Section Mission
The mission of the Housing Section is to develop a viable urban community by providing decent and adequate housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities for the Flagstaff community, especially for low- and moderate- income persons.
Housing is an important community issue in Flagstaff. The limited supply of housing for low- and moderate- income residents affects our quality of life and our ability to grow and develop economically. The City of Flagstaff Housing Section works to address the shortage with a number of programs and tools designed to do the following:
- Coordinate with community partners for crisis housing
- Assist low-income households with affordable renting resources
- Increase housing inventory and availability
- Economically stabilize lower income families through the benefits of homeownership
- Support efforts for safe and adequate homes
- Revitalize community neighborhoods
The City of Flagstaff Housing Section includes a variety of programs to serve families and developers throughout the housing continuum of homelessness to homeownership. Many programs are delivered in collaboration with community partners and other agencies.
Flagstaff Housing Advisory Boards
If you are interested in applying for either the Housing Commission or the Housing Authority Board of Directors, see the Boards & Commission page here.
Much of the work of Housing Programs is informed by the Flagstaff Housing Commission. You can learn more about the Housing Commission.
The Flagstaff Housing Authority is overseen by the Flagstaff Housing Authority Board of Commissioners. You can learn more about the Board of Commissioners here.
Housing Programs Staff
Housing Authority Staff
Maintenance: Public Housing and Clark Homes
- Arizona and the CDC have issued moratoria on COVID-19 related eviction. For more information, see:
- Let Your Voice Be Heard! Complete the Fair Housing Survey today! View the flyer (PDF).
- Restricted Lobby Access During COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- For the latest information on COVID-19, go to the Coconino County COVID-19 Collaborator Information page or the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Section 8 Waiting List Closed to New Applications (PDF): As of April 9, 2020, the Section 8 waiting list is closed to new applications.
- Public Notice: 2016 to 2020 Consolidated Plan and 2019 Annual Action Plan, Substantial Amendment Number 1 (PDF)
Find an archive of our announcements.
City of Flagstaff Housing Facebook
You can find us on Facebook. We often post about community partner events, resources, and activities.