Wastewater Code Change Notice
September 20, 2022
Flagstaff Water Services has proposed updates to existing City code under Title 7 Health and Sanitation, Chapter 07-02 Wastewater Regulations regarding Industrial Self-Monitoring and Signatory Requirements. This proposal will be presented to City Council November 1. Read the notice letter in full here.
FAQ on Stormwater Rate Adjustment Now Live
September 16, 2022
Wondering how the upcoming stormwater rate adjustment will impact your water bill? Not sure what the additional funds will be going toward? Visit our FAQ page to learn about this change and review the adjustment study which includes graphs that break down how different funding sources will be used.
Free Webinar: Understanding Risk and Flood Insurance
August 17, 2022
Representatives from Coconino County and FEMA will conduct a free webinar to inform our community about the new flood risk to our neighborhoods and important information about flood insurance.
- Over the past few years, the frequency of wildfires has increased in Coconino County and with that increase comes an increase in the risk of post-wildfire flooding. To help inform property owners about this increased risk and actions they can take to reduce that risk, the Coconino County Flood Control District has provided post-wildfire flood risk and mitigation information.
- One way to reduce your flood risk and help you recover more quickly after a flood is to carry flood insurance. To help you learn more about private and federal flood insurance, the Coconino County Flood Control District and City of Flagstaff are hosting a free one-hour webinar on August 22 at 6:30 pm.
Topics will include:
The presenters will be flood insurance specialist Edie Lohmann (FEMA) and Bruce Bender (Bender Consulting Services, Inc.).
Here is how you can access the free webinar:
ZOOM Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81184634826
For Telephone dial: 833 548 0282 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 811 8463 4826
Flood Insurance for your Home. It May be Time to Consider this Coverage.
July 21, 2022
Residents may wish to consider their risk for flooding. This letter answers flood insurance questions and provides updates to FEMA flood maps.
Water Services Resources Used to Fight Pipeline Fire
June 21, 2022
Water Services made a variety of resources available for fighting the Pipeline Fire last week, from hydrants to reservoirs and more. Learn about the effort in our most recent Water Talk News piece: https://conta.cc/3N9aXL4
2022 Report to the Water Commission is Now Available!
June 20, 2022
Read the comprehensive Report to the Water Commission to learn about Water Services projects, activities, and accomplishments in 2021.
2021 Water Quality Report Now Posted
June 10, 2022
Flagstaff's drinking water is consistently monitored for potential contaminants and key constituents to ensure it is the highest quality possible. Results of this monitoring are compiled yearly in our Consumer Confidence Report, which is now available online and will be sent out to customers in the coming weeks.
Congratulations to our Poster Contest Winners!
April 15, 2022
Check out the winning Poo in the Park posters on our Facebook page or visit your local City park to see them in person. Thank you to each student who submitted an entry, and special thanks to our winners: Fynn, Ashley, Grace, Darcy, Jan, and Hermanda from Marshall Elementary, and Theo, Zane, Hunter, and Ellis from Haven Montessori School. Your work helps to keep our waterways clean by encouraging the Flagstaff community to always pick up and throw away their pet waste.
Water Awareness Month Starts Tomorrow!
March 31, 2022
April is Water Awareness Month, and we have plenty of exciting events planned in the community! Attend one of these fun events to learn about Flagstaff's water resources, how to conserve water, and more!
The Poo in the Park Campaign is Underway!
March 30, 2022
Take our short survey to provide your valuable opinion on pet waste that is left at our parks and public spaces. The student poster contest ends on April 1st, so keep an eye out for the winning posters at your local park. Let's continue to preserve the health and beauty of our community by picking up and throwing away pet waste, every time.
- Please Pick Up After Your Pet! - December 9
- Happy National Backflow Prevention Day! - August 16
- Protect Your Property & Neighborhood! - July 29
- Courtesy Notice: Museum Flood and Your Water - July 14
- The Annual Report to the Water Commission is Published! - July 2
- Monsoon Season Checklist & Resources - July 1
- Apply to Join the Flagstaff Water Commission: We Are Recruiting Two New Members! - June 30
- Get Involved: Summer Watershed Clean-Up Series - June 24
- Water Services has Multiple Job Openings: Apply Today! - June 24
- Initial Public Notice - June 14
- Museum Fire Flood Area: Be Prepared for this Monsoon Season - May 13
- Ft. Tuthill Well #2 Drilling Project - April 23
- Stormwater MS4 Report Now Available - March 25
- Website Instructional Video- February 24
- Celebration of Learning Videos - February 17
- Proposed Stormwater Design Manual Changes- January 26
- Proposed Industrial Pretreatment Code Changes - December 21
- Explore the Watershed Speaker Series: Rio de Flag - November 9
- Proposed Industrial Pretreatment Code Changes - September 22
- Flood Plain Information Packet - September 9
- Reopening Your Business from COVID-19: Tips and Guidelines for Your Water System - May 14
- A Note to Our Utility Customers - March 12
- COVID-19 Response and Your Water - March 1
- Courtesy Notice: Beaver Street at FMC Skybridge Waterline Repair - January 27
- Updated Scavenger Waste Disposal Guidelines are Now Available- July 15