Coconino Estates Improvements Phase 2
The improvements on the streets shown in the map to the right generally consist of replacing all existing utility and roadway infrastructure. The utility improvements include replacing the existing water and sewer mains, water and sewer services with new cleanouts near the property line, fire hydrants, and manholes. However, there are some exceptions: only replacing existing water main and water services along Meade, installing a new portion of sewer main in Crescent just north of and into the Rio de Flag, only replacing existing sewer main and sewer services along Elizabeth, only replacing sewer main and sewer and water services on Talkington Drive between Davis Way and Hazel Way, and only replacing sewer main and sewer services on Talkington Drive from Elizabeth Drive to Meade Lane.
The roadway improvements include replacing the existing asphalt roadway, replacing rolled curb with vertical curb, constructing driveway ramps at driveway entrances, and replacing select sidewalk only where it currently exists on Crescent Drive. Sidewalk WILL NOT be installed where it does not currently exist.
Work will commence with the sewer replacements along Crescent Drive. Work on Navajo, Meade, and Talkington (including the side streets) will follow.
Additional Project Information
To give you a better understanding of the Project, the Project Team put together this brief Project Presentation Video when the Project was being designed and schedule information mentioned in the video is no longer accurate.
How to Receive Project Information:
For general questions and project information, call the Project Hotline at (928) 255-5153
- Replacing and/or abandoning aged and undersized existing City water and sewer infrastructure, ranging from 57 – 95 years old, to meet current city standards and minimize the possibility of emergency repairs and associated service outages.
- Replacing aged and deteriorated asphalt that is no longer maintainable with a chip seal or overlay and improving the streets overall ride quality.
- Improving drainage issues and extending the life expectancy of the roadway by eliminating low spots in the existing curb lines and by replacing the existing rolled curb with vertical curb to improve the stormwater capacity of the roadway.
- Replacing select sections of existing sidewalk with tripping hazards.
Coordinating and combining the construction of multiple streets and/or Projects to minimize inconveniences to the public and to reduce costs.
Funding and Schedule
The current Construction Contract for the Project is $7.1 Million. The Crescent Drive and Navajo Drive portions of the Project are funded by the Road Repair and Street Safety Sales Tax, also known as PROP 406. These streets qualified to receive utility and roadway improvements due to their existing pavement Overall Condition Index being at 50 or below on a scale from 0 to 100 and their existing utilities needing repair or replacement due to size, material, age, and/or consistent maintenance.
The Talkington Drive (including the side streets), Elizabeth, and Meade portions of the Project are funded by the Aging Waterline and Sewer Infrastructure Replacement Programs, which was identified as a proposed Project by the City’s Water Services Department.
It was decided to combine the two Projects with two separate funding sources to take advantage of the costs savings by delivering both projects at the same time, given their proximity to each other.
Construction is being performed by Standard Construction Company, Inc.
- Brad Duncan, Project Manager
- Jerry Linares, Project Superintendent
- Gabriella Casillas, Asst. Project Manager
- Jennifer Brunke, Project Engineer
City of Flagstaff Capital Improvements
- Eli Reisner, P.E., Capital Improvements Project Manager
The WLB Group
- Eric Weidinger, P.E., Design Engineer
Beta Public Relations, LLC
- Conner Cassens, Public Involvement Project Manager
- Ansley Roberts, Community Relations Specialist