Welcome to the Building Safety Program
211 West Aspen Avenue Phone: 928-213-2627 Service Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Important News from your City of Flagstaff Building Safety Program, Please Read!
Building Safety Inspectors are still actively conducting building inspections!
Even though we are working remotely, the process remains the same for scheduling your inspections. While we are under the Emergency Declaration, some inspection types may be impacted.
Some general rules our Building Inspectors are following:
- Building Inspectors will not conduct an inspection if it requires them to walk through an occupied space, someone’s home or business. These inspections will need to be delayed, at least until April 2nd.
- This includes over the counter type of permits such as water heater replacements or furnace replacements, etc.
- All outdoor, open air inspections may be completed.
- This applies to all new construction and interior spaces that have not yet been occupied.
Please remember the importance of social distancing and please remember this while your inspection is being conducted. Thank you in advance for helping each of us stay safe and healthy.
Effective 3/18/2020, as a result of the City Hall closure in response to the COVID-19 Virus, all new residential and commercial building permit applications and construction documents (drawings and supplemental information) for plan review are to be submitted electronically. Resubmittals, revisions to approved plans, and deferred submittals are to be submitted electronically.
Approved construction documents will be issued electronically. For projects that have paper copies of approved plans that are ready to issue, you will be contacted by staff to schedule an appointment for pick-up.
Read the Electronic Permitting process HERE.
NEW! Join the Building Safety News and Updates email contact list!
Send an email with contact email to: CDBldgSafetyUpdates@flagstaffaz.gov
Effective March 18, 2020 all permitting is handled electronically.
Read the Electronic Permitting Process HERE.
- When is a building permit needed?
- I need a Residential Building Permit Application form (use this form for demolition permit).
- I need a Commercial Building Permit Application form (use this form for demolition permit).
- I need an Over-the-Counter Permit (plumbing, electrical, mechanical or roofing only). This permit application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org but must be paid for and picked-up in person.
- Time limitation policy on building permit applications.
- Building Permit Expiration Policy.
- I need an application for a Manufactured/Mobile Home / Factory-Built Building / Temporary Construction Trailer Permit. If installing the manufactured structure on a permanent foundation or stairs, ramp, or deck are to be constructed or installed, a Commercial or Residential Building Permit (see above) is also required.
- Residential Building Permit Submittal Requirements, Checklist, and Review Process
- Commercial Building Permit Submittal Requirements, Checklist, and Review Process
- What is required for a Demolition Permit?
- Use the Plan Resubmittal Form for review resubmittals, deferred submittals, and submittal of revisions to Approved Plans.
- Building permit and plan review fee structure. Please contact the Plan Reviewer of the Day for assistance.
- How do I schedule a Building Inspection?
- Special Inspection Form
- Permitting Unpermitted Construction
- Fire sprinkler and alarm systems require a separate review and permit through the Flagstaff Fire Department
- NEW! Stormwater Resources for Contractors (scroll to bottom of page after clicking link)
Building Official: Amy Palmer, 928-213-2604, email@example.com
Building Permit Technician: Eilise Fisher, 928-213-2627, Eilise.Fisher@flagstaffaz.gov
Douglas Joseph, 928-213-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elias Slover, 928-213-2646, Elias.Slover@flagstaffaz.gov
Victoria St. Clair, 928-213-2626, email@example.com
To request copies of Building Permits for a property, visit the Public Records page.
To request copies of current building permits, certificate of occupancy, zoning or planning questions, or to inquire if a property has applied for a permit, contact Tammy Bishop, Administrative Specialist, 928-213-2611, firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Inspection Manager: Rick Stanionis, 928-213-2628, email@example.com
Inspection Request Line:
Dial 928-779-7631 and follow the prompts. Monday - Friday until 3:00pm to schedule inspections for the following day. Inspections called in by 3:00pm on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday. Only emergency inspections are performed on observed Holidays.
Nicholas Blain, 928-213-2624, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Clark, 928-213-2629, email@example.com
John Cleere, 928-213-2621, John.Cleere@flagstaffaz.gov
Ronny Corey, 928-213-2622, Ronny.Corey@flagstaffaz.gov
Lloyd Drinkard, 928-213-2625, Lloyd.Drinkard@flagstaffaz.gov
Richard Fritz, 928-213-2623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Perkins, 928-213-2627, email@example.com