Welcome to the Building Safety Program
211 West Aspen Avenue Phone: 928-213-2627 Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm
On June 18, 2019, Flagstaff City Council passed Resolution 2019-26 and Ordinance 2019-16 effectively amending Title 4 of the Flagstaff City Code - Building Regulations and adopting the following list of model building codes (referred to as the “2018 Suite of Codes”) along with amendments specific to the City of Flagstaff. These building codes, as amended, become effective on July 19, 2019.
The Building Safety Program is offering a grace period through December 31, 2019, where submittals may be designed to either the 2012 or 2018 Suite of codes. Submittals must indicate on the construction plans under which codes the submittal is designed. Submittals designed to the 2018 Suite of Codes will not be accepted prior to July 19, 2019.
On January 1, 2020 all submittals are required to be designed to the 2018 Suite of Codes as amended by the City of Flagstaff.
Adopted Building Codes and Amendments
2012 Suite of Codes 2018 Suite of Codes
Click HERE to view the model codes on the International Code Council website
Effective January 1st, 2019 new single-family dwellings, multi-family dwellings and commercial projects will also be required to submit a digital set of plans and supporting documents (i.e. thumb drive, cd, dvd, dropbox).
- When is a building permit needed?
- I need a Residential Permit application form
- I need a Commercial Permit application form
- I need an Over-the-Counter (plumbing, electrical, mechanical or roofing) Over-the-Counter Permit application
- I need a Manufactured-Factory Built Permit Application
- Over The Counter permits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (they have to be paid for and picked up in person)
- What are the minimum requirements for a Residential Permit submittal?
- What are the minimum requirements for a Commercial Permit submittal?
- Plan Resubmittal Form
- How do I schedule a Building Inspection
- Special Inspection Form
- Building Permit Estimation Fees
- What is required for a Demolition Permit?
- Permitting Unpermitted Construction
- Fire sprinkler and alarm systems require a separate review and permit through the Flagstaff Fire Department
- NEW! Stormwater Resources for Contractors (scroll to bottom of page after clicking link)
Building Official, Amy Palmer, email@example.com
Building Permit Technician, Eilise Fisher, Eilise.Fisher@flagstaffaz.gov
Phone: 928-213-2627 Fax: 928-226-0985
Plan Review: Douglas Joseph, 928-213-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elias Slover, 928-213-2646, Elias.Slover@flagstaffaz.gov
Victoria St. Clair, 928-213-2626, email@example.com
Nicholas Blain, 928-213-2624, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Clark, 928-213-2629, email@example.com
Ronny Corey, 928-213-2622, Ronny.Corey@flagstaffaz.gov
Lloyd Drinkard, 928-213-2625, Lloyd.Drinkard@flagstaffaz.gov
Richard Fritz, 928-213-2623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Perkins, 928-213-2627, email@example.com
To request copies of Building Permits for a property, visit the Public Records page.
To request copies of current building permits, certificate of occupancy, zoning or planning questions, or to inquire if a property has applied for a permit, contact Tammy Bishop, Administrative Specialist, 928-213-2611, firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Inspection, Complaints or Building without a Permit:
Rick Stanionis, email@example.com Building Inspection Manager Phone: 928-213-2628
Inspection Request Line:
Dial 928-779-7631 and follow the prompts. Monday - Friday until 3:00pm to schedule inspections for the following day. Inspections called in by 3:00pm on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday. Only emergency inspections are performed on observed Holidays.
Plan Reviewer of the Day:
Monday - 7:00am-4:00pm Doug Joseph, 928-213-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday - 7:00am-4:00pm Victoria St. Clair, 928-213-2626, email@example.com
Friday - 7:00pm-4:00pm Elias Slover, 928-213-2646, Elias.Slover@flagstaffaz.gov