Welcome to the Building Safety Program
211 West Aspen Avenue Phone: 928-213-2627 Service Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Learn what the Building Safety Program is doing to maintain permitting,
plan review, and inspection operations while keeping our customers and staff safe:
Join the Building Safety News and Updates email list!
Send an email with your contact email address to: CDBldgSafetyUpdates@flagstaffaz.gov
Adopted Building Codes and Amendments
Effective March 18, 2020 all permitting is handled electronically.
Read the Electronic Permitting Process HERE.
- When is a building permit needed?
- I need a Residential Building Permit Application form (also use this form for demolition permit).
- I need a Commercial Building Permit Application form (also use this form for demolition permit).
- I need an Over-the-Counter Permit for plumbing, electrical, mechanical or roofing only.
- Time limitation policy on building permit applications.
- Building Permit Expiration Policy.
- I need an application for a Manufactured/Mobile Home / Factory-Built Building / Temporary Construction Trailer Permit. If installing the manufactured structure on a permanent foundation or stairs, ramp, or deck are to be constructed or installed, a Commercial or Residential Building Permit (see above) is also required.
- Residential Building Permit Submittal Requirements, Checklist, and Review Process
- Commercial Building Permit Submittal Requirements, Checklist, and Review Process
- What is required for a Demolition Permit?
- Use the Plan Resubmittal Form for review resubmittals, deferred submittals, and submittal of revisions to Approved Plans.
- Building permit and plan review fee structure. Please contact the Plan Reviewer of the Day for assistance.
- How do I schedule a Building Inspection? Read the COVID-19 Building Inspection Protocol.
- Special Inspection Form
- Permitting Unpermitted Construction
- Fire sprinkler and alarm systems require a separate review and permit through the Flagstaff Fire Department
- NEW! Stormwater Resources for Contractors
- Please contact Current Planning/Planner of the Day for general inquiries regarding Zoning, Subdivisions, Concept & Site Plan, Conditional Use, Temporary Use, Lot Splits and Annexation. Please also see City of Flagstaff Zoning and Development Links
Building Official: Amy Palmer, 928-213-2604, email@example.com
Building Permit Technician: Eilise Fisher, 928-213-2627, Eilise.Fisher@flagstaffaz.gov
Douglas Joseph, 928-213-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elias Slover, 928-213-2646, Elias.Slover@flagstaffaz.gov
Victoria St. Clair, 928-213-2626, email@example.com
To request copies of Building Permits for a property, visit the Public Records page.
To request copies of current building permits, certificate of occupancy, zoning or planning questions, or to inquire if a property has applied for a permit, contact Tammy Bishop, Administrative Specialist, 928-213-2611, firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Inspection Manager: Rick Stanionis, 928-213-2628, email@example.com
Inspection Request Line:
Dial 928-779-7631 and follow the prompts. Monday - Friday until 3:00pm to schedule inspections for the following day. Inspections called in by 3:00pm on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday. Only emergency inspections are performed on observed Holidays.
Nicholas Blain, 928-213-2624, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Clark, 928-213-2629, email@example.com
John Cleere, 928-213-2621, John.Cleere@flagstaffaz.gov
Ronny Corey, 928-213-2622, Ronny.Corey@flagstaffaz.gov
Lloyd Drinkard, 928-213-2625, Lloyd.Drinkard@flagstaffaz.gov
Richard Fritz, 928-213-2623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Perkins, 928-213-2627, email@example.com