Green and Wood Waste
The City of Flagstaff Wood Waste Program is available to all City residents who have 90 gallon residential trash and recycle service. The program will begin in spring and continues through the summer months. The chipper truck crew will follow the same schedule as the bulk trash collection.
Mulching tree limbs and brush saves valuable landfill space. Mulch provides good ground cover, which reduces soil erosion, deters weed growth, and conserves water in landscaping.
For more information call Environmental Services at (928) 213-2110.
Curbside Pick-up Guidelines
- All limbs need to be curbside by Monday (6:00 am) of your scheduled week
- Limbs should be placed in a neat pile parallel with the street
- Limbs can be up to 10" in diameter and 8' long
- Do not mix in heavy dirt stumps or finished lumber products with limbs and brush
- Please stack items separate from other bulk items
The mulch is available free-of-charge, to residential residents (no commercial contractors). You may want to call in advance to check on availability. Please remember you will need to bring your own containers and hand tools for loading. Quantity is limited to one truck or trailer, per month per customer. Mulch is available at this location:
Cinder Lake Landfill
6770 E. Landfill Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
If you have larger branches or roots you can drop these off at the Cinder Lake Landfill and they will be mulched on site.
Christmas Tree Pick-Up
Single-family residents can recycle their Christmas tree by placing it on the curb for collection by 6 AM on January 7. Collection will occur throughout the week. Residents who live in multi-family housing recycle their tree by taking it to one of the following locations:
- Old Public Works Yard: 419 N Mogollon St.
- Continental Little League Field: 5700 E Old Walnut Canyon Rd.
This service is available 24/7 from December 17th - January 18th.