The mission of the Human Resources Division is to foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, equity and transparency.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Welcome to the HR news page. Check back frequently for the most recent updates. Have a topic you would like for us to address? Email us at email@example.com
New Hires / Promotions / Transfers / Reassignments
Congratulations to these Team Flagstaff employees!
- Emalee Sena - Administrative Specialist - Engineering
- Daniel Young - Police Officer Recruit
- Dominic Bonitatibus - Police Officer Recruit
- Emily Melhorn - Water Conservation Specialist
- Jacquelyn Johnson - Police Emergency Communications Specialist
- Lauren Clementino - Library Supervisor
- Misael Godoy - Police Officer Recruit
- Jerrick Lewis - Equipment Operator III - Solid Waste
- Mary Corcoran - Librarian
- April Webb - Police Emergency Communications Specialist Supervisor
- Shantelle Woody - Police Emergency Communications Specialist
- Serena Serassio - Assistant City Attorney III
- Christopher Piceno - Police Officer Recruit
- Rees Cleland - Police Officer Recruit
- Everett Stembridge - Police Officer Recruit
- Kaeli Wells - Sustainability Specialist
- Karen Capps - Administrative Specialist - Prosecution
- Joel Kane - Visitor Services Specialist
- Julia Connors - Lab Technician
- Cody McMaster - Meter Technician
Please congratulate these Team Flagstaff employees for their extended service to our community!
|Katie A Brown||15 Year|
|Christine M Cameron||20 Year|
|Erik J Caputo||25 Year|
|Ryan D Darr||25 Year|
|Timothy D Harrington||15 Year|
|Benjamin L James||20 Year|
|Emry S Pensinger||10 Year|
|Cody R Roberts||5 Year|
|Jennifer L Schaber||15 Year|
Make sure you don't miss all the great information in this month's NAPEBT wellness newsletter or this new list of NAPEBT wellness resources (PDF) including one-on-one coaching options, fitness, and other resources! For even more information, visit the The NAPEBT Wellness website which has been updated and has a new look. Watch a video tutorial on how to navigate the site and enter your points.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Effective May 1, 2021, Jorgensen Brooks Group [JBG] became a division of La Frontera of Arizona. Both are well-established vendors of mental health and substance abuse services, with La Frontera including suicide education and prevention, affordable housing, and community behavioral health centers in its services. Contact for services remain the same: 888-520-5400.
Download the Jorgensen Brooks EAP / Assist app for easy access to many resources for parenting, addiction, mental health, financial well-being and much more! JGB App Flyer
Tips for signing up:
- Phone number format: xxx-xx-xxxx
- Employer Number: City of Flagstaff
- Password: JGB
Access this month's online seminar, enter the code "COF", and scroll down to Online Seminar.
To fill a vacancy, complete the Requisition in NEOGOV. Contact a member of the Recruitment Team for assistance. View directions for completing the Requisition (PDF).
Evaluations are now being completed through NEOGOV Perform.
Class & Comp
Compensation Study Update: A comprehensive compensation study including pay structure, benchmark market wage analysis and compensation policies was commissioned at the end of 2019. The work began in the Spring of 2020 with an analysis of the City’s current information. Over the course of the next year revised pay structures were recommended and developed. Benchmark market data was collected by the consultant for 134 City positions and City pay ranges modified as identified to improve our competitive position for recruitment and retention. This work resulted in the elimination of both the Broadband and Multi-Skilled Worker pay systems (MSW to be phased out by October 31, 2021) and adoption of one Regular Pay Plan for all positions except public safety personnel, and competitive Step Pay Plans for Police and Fire public safety personnel. Compression adjustment methodologies were also identified, budgeted and implemented to address salary compaction whereby longer-tenured employees were compacted into the lowest quadrants of the pay ranges.
New Fiscal Year 2022 pay plans have been posted in the Compensation tab.
Merits: 3% merit increases were approved for FY 2021-2022 for the Regular pay plan. Police and Fire public safety personnel in Step Plans are also approved for merit step increases. Eligibility for a merit increase is contingent upon receiving an overall performance evaluation rating of 2 or higher.
Please email Jessica Vigorito if you have any questions.