Solid Waste plans, implements, coordinates and directs programs for the collection of trash. Additionally, our program oversees and directs the disposal of non-recyclable solid waste at the Cinder Lake Landfill in compliance with all regulations.
We ensure that all federal, state, and local mandates relating to waste management are met in an efficient and financially sound manner. The division also works to meet the City's long-term needs by creating cutting-edge waste diversion practices such as:
- Effective recycling options
- Environmentally sound landfill management
- Reuse options
- Source and waste reduction
Solid Waste Plan
The City of Flagstaff Solid Waste Section (Solid Waste) has created a Solid Waste Management Plan (SWP), that will provide policy and program direction for the next decade. This section provides the community with a general overview of the existing Solid Waste program, with future considerations for development and growth.
- Review the Solid Waste Plan
Cinder Lake Landfill
- Days and Hours of Operation
- Fee Schedules
- Incoming Waste
- Main Page
- Public Reports
- Waste Diversion Programs
For information regarding Household Hazardous Waste, please visit the Hazardous Products Center (HPC) main page.
- Appliance and TV Collection
- Bulk Trash Collection
- Commercial Trash and Recycle Collection
- General Residential
- Glass Recycling
- Green and Wood Waste
- Move-In Box Collection
- Roll-Off Container Service
Tree Cycling (Christmas Tree Pick-Up)
Single-family residents can recycle their Christmas tree by placing it on the curb for collection by 6 am on January 3rd through January 7th. Collection will occur throughout the week.
Residents without a trash pickup service or those living in multifamily housing can recycle their tree by taking it to one of the following 24-hour locations until January 17th:
- Thorpe Park Annex. (Old Public Works Yard:
419 N Mogollon Street
Flagstaff, AZ 86001)
- Continental Little League Field:
5700 E Old Walnut Canyon Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Please remove all lights, tinsel and ornaments in advance as trees must be clean to be repurposed by the City’s Park and Beautification projects throughout the new year.
For more information regarding bulky pick-up, trash and recycling pick-up, and glass pick-up for your address
- Contact our Customer Service for info on trash and recycle collection, billing questions, and/or service requests
- Businesses with special request-for-service calls over the weekend please call the Cinder Lake Landfill for assistance
- View the Collection Services Staff Directory
- For more information about recycling and sustainability visit the Sustainability Section