Waste Diversion Programs
Concrete & Block
In an effort to increase waste diversion in Flagstaff, the Cinder Lake Landfill is conducting a pilot study on the diversion of concrete waste. Starting ; waste loads containing concrete and/or cinder blocks will not be charged the normal tipping fee of $45.75 per ton.
Concrete loads must be weighed on the scales and inspected by Scale House Staff prior to disposal. In order to dump for free, loads must be free of any contaminants, which include:
- Organic Matter (trees, limbs, trash, etc.)
For additional information or questions, please contact:
The Cinder Lake Landfill grinds green waste into wood chips and uses them as an alternative daily cover. This conserves valuable
- Tree limbs
- Christmas Trees
Cinder Lake Landfill grinds wood waste into chips for use as alternative daily cover. Wood waste that is accepted for grinding consists of the following:
- Lumber (treated and untreated)
- Engineered wood products (laminated wood, plywood, particle board, wafer board, and oriented strand board)
- Utility poles
- Wood treated with heavy oils or solvents
- Roofing materials in the form of asphalt shingles and tar paper, etc.
White Goods / Metal Recycling
White goods (i.e. stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, and water heaters) and metals are accepted at the landfill. These materials are then bailed and hauled off by a recycler. This program diverts these materials from being buried in the landfill.
Coconino County Residential Recycling Drop-Off Center
County Residents can drop off accepted recyclable materials at the two bins at the landfill. One bin is for glass only, the other bin accepts:
- Plastic jugs, bottles, jars (empty and clean)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Empty paint cans and buckets; dried paint must be removed