Bulky Waste Collection Program
Bulky waste collection services are provided to all single-family households within Flagstaff city limits. Bulky waste collection is currently performed in five geographic sections throughout the city once every five weeks.
Pick-ups begin Mondays at 6 a.m. in a neighborhood within the section and continue through all of the neighborhoods within the designated section throughout the week until the last neighborhood in each section is completed. We cannot give an exact date or time in which pick-up will occur in each neighborhood because scheduling is determined by the time spent picking up the previous neighborhood.
Rules and Guidelines
- Please make sure your bulk items are placed at the curb no sooner than one week prior to the start date and no later than 6 a.m. on the Monday of your bulky waste collection week.
- Do not block the sidewalk with bulk items. Place bulky trash on the yard side of the sidewalk or on the parkway (the area between the curb and the sidewalk).
- Please keep piles neatly organized and no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet by 5 feet.
- Piles must be kept a minimum 3 feet from all other objects, including utilities, mailboxes, and fences.
- Piles cannot block right-of-ways, sidewalks, or pedestrian/bicycle access points.
- Due to the rising cost of fuel, and the impact on the environment, we prefer not to return to a neighborhood once it is completed. However, we will return to your residence if you agree to pay the Special Bulk Pickup fee of $114.15 /half hour to cover fuel and labor. This service can be ordered at any time, not just during your bulk pickup week.
- Please consider donating bulky waste items to a local thrift or reuse store for items that continue to have remaining life. Learn more at https://www.flgrethinkwaste.org/.
|Bagged, boxed, or bundled (non-putrescible)
|Must be neatly stacked at curb
|Tree limbs that are less than 5 feet long and no more than 6 inches in diameter
|Bagged, boxed, or bundled in no more than four-foot lengths and under 35 pounds
|Appliances or TV
|To schedule an appliance or TV pick-up Email the Solid Waste Program.
|Cold ashes must be taken to the Cinder Lake Landfill.
|Order a dumpster by Email the Solid Waste Program.
|Electronics including televisions, computer towers, monitors and peripherals
|To schedule a TV pick-up, contact Solid Waste by email at Solid Waste Program. All other electronics must be taken to the Hazardous Products Center for proper recycling and disposal.
|Hazardous Waste (paint, oil, anti-freeze, etc.)
|Hazardous waste is not acceptable for bulk trash, normal trash, or recycling service. Hazardous waste must be taken to the Hazardous Products Center.
|Items over 50 pounds
|Queen- and king-sized mattresses, recliners, and sleeper sofas. These items will need to be hauled to the Cinder Lake Landfill.
|Tire disposal is through the Coconino County Waste Tire Yard, located at
5701 East Penstock, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Tires are only accepted on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, please call 928-526-2735.